a: David Christmas
b: Stars on 45
I ran across this on Pitchfork this morning, and it is still blowing my mind. Toronto band Fucked Up is releasing a charity single to benefit the Toronto Food Bank and George Herman House, a transitional housing program for women living with mental health issues.
The A-Side is from their upcoming album The Chemistry of Common Life. The b-side (and this is the mind blowing part) is a “Do They Know It’s Christmas” type deal that features:
- Nelly Furtado
- LCD Soundsystem’s James Murphy
- Black Lips’ Cole Alexander
- Matt Sweeney
- The Faint’s Jacob Thiele
- Jay Reatard
- the Horrors’ Faris Rotter
- Rites of Spring’s Mike Fellows (!!)
- Chromeo’s Dave One
- Shenae Grimes of “Degrassi: The Next Generation”
- AFI’s Davey Havok
- What’s Your Rupture? label guy Kevin Peterson
- Panthers’/Orchid’s Jayson Green
- Poison Idea’s Jerry A.
- Terror’s Scott Vogel
- Attack in Black’s Dan Romano
- Face to Face’s Trever Keith
According to Fucked Up’s blog, this is limited to 1000 copies, and while it is initially available only at the benefit show, it will be available online after the show. As they put it:
So don’t worry if you are some asshole from Omaha that needs a copy of the 7″ so you can sell it on eBay (“this record has never been played”), you will be able to obtain one.